Nov 17, 2015

Three Words More

"I'm trying not to let
My emotions run free
I'm trying not to let you see
All that's inside of me

My heart pounds with your touch
Your words tickle my ear
You're all I can think about
And you're voice is all I hear

At night you fill my dreams
By day you fill my heart
I'm scared of all these emotions
I'm scared to ever be apart

I'm scared you're overtaking me
With your smile and care
But I'm scared of those three words
I'm scared to take the dare

I know you already told me
Said how you love me
But it's still so hard to say
Can it even really be

When the words are out, they're out
You can use them how you will
You could break it all apart
Or my heart you could fill

So I just stare at you
My heart beating in my chest
I feel so many emotions
I feel you are the best"

~Grace Marshall
From my poem, "Three Words More"

No comments:

Post a Comment